Heads up: some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you click and make a booking or purchase, I’ll make a commission (at no extra cost to you). I partner with companies I personally use and the $$ goes towards creating more awesome, free travel content.
Are you shopping for a ring and feeling overwhelmed by all of the choices? Do you want to find a ring that will look great on your finger but don’t know where to start? This guide will help you understand the different factors to consider when choosing a ring to make a decision that you feel confident about.
What Factors Do You Need To Consider?
There are a few things to keep in mind when deciding what style of the ring will look best on your finger.
1. Shape Of Hand
First, think about the shape of your hand. If you have long, slender fingers, a delicate ring with a small stone may be the best option. If your fingers are shorter or thicker, then a chunkier ring with a larger stone could be a better choice.
2. Length Of Finger
The length of your finger is also essential to consider. A ring with a longer band will look best if you have long fingers. If your fingers are shorter, a ring with a shorter band may be the best option.
3. Skin Tone
Another thing to keep in mind is your skin tone. Yellow gold or rose gold ring will look great if you have warm-toned skin. If you have cool-toned skin, then a white gold or silver ring would be a better choice.
4. Personal Style
Of course, the most important factor to consider is your style. Choose a ring that you love and that reflects your personality.
Also, think about what type of jewelry you usually wear. If you typically wear more delicate pieces, a daintier ring may be the best choice. However, if you typically wear chunkier jewelry, a more substantial ring may be the best option.
What Should Be The Shape Of Stone?
You have many options for the shape of your diamond or other stone. The most popular shapes are:
- Round: This is the most classic and traditional shape. It is also the most popular shape, accounting for over 75% of all diamonds sold. If you are looking for a timeless look, the round is the way.
- Emerald: Emerald-cut stones have a rectangular shape with facets that step down from the crown (the top of the stone). This shape is exquisite and can make your fingers look longer and thinner.
- Princess: Princess-cut stones are square or almost square with sharp corners. They have a modern look and can be very sparkly.
- Asscher: Asscher-cut stones are square with faceted corners. They have a vintage look and can appear larger than other shapes of the same carat weight.
- Oval: Oval-shaped stones are elongated and have a very graceful look. They can make your fingers look longer and thinner.
- Pear: Pear-shaped stones are teardrop-shaped with a pointed end. This is a very feminine shape flattering to many different hand sizes and shapes.
- Heart: Heart-shaped stones are, of course, shaped like a heart. This is a romantic shape that is perfect for those who want to express their love.
Finally, consider your budget. How much are you willing to spend on a ring? This will help you narrow down your options and find a ring that you love that is also affordable.
Now that you know what factors to consider when choosing a ring, it’s time to start shopping. Whether you’re looking for friendship rings or a spinner ring, keep these things in mind, and you’ll be sure to find a ring that looks great on your finger.
Hence, when you are out ring shopping, do not forget to keep these pointers in mind. They will help you find the best ring for your finger. Most importantly, pick a ring that you love that reflects your personality. After all, you’ll be wearing it every day!