Heads up: some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you click and make a booking or purchase, I’ll make a commission (at no extra cost to you). I partner with companies I personally use and the $$ goes towards creating more awesome, free travel content.
There are many necklace lengths available, so it can be challenging to find the right necklace for you. You must consider the neckline of the garment you plan to wear to achieve a balanced look. A good piece can make your look more attractive, while a bad one can ruin it. To pair suitable necklaces for necklines, it is essential to know what they are.
There are some standard lengths for necklaces. There are many styles to choose from for each of these necklace lengths. To ensure you get the right length, you might want to test out different necklaces suh as lock necklace and pin necklaces etc.
It is important to understand the shape of your face. There are four basic shapes for a face: oval, round and heart-shaped. If you don’t know your face shape, find out. Simply stand in front of a mirror and pull your hair away from your face. Use a marker to outline your face in the mirror.
These are the most popular types of necklaces and how they look on your body.
- Choker – The shortest necklace worn high above your collarbone.
- Princess – worn on the collarbone
- Matinee – Lays on your about your cleavage
- Opera can be worn above or below the bustline.
These are the most popular necklines for apparel. Here’s the perfect length necklace to go with them.s
- Plunging – very low shows most of the neck down to your cleavage. Longer chains with a single pendant accentuating the bust look best.
- Sweetheart – This curved piece resembles a sweetheart at your chest. This looks great with pieces that circle your neck and mimic the sweetheart look.
- V-neck – An inverted triangle that crosses in the middle of your chest. A flattering piece will be one that is similar to the V-neck.
- Scooped or Round – curved U-shaped. This style looks great with moonstone necklace.
- Polos are close-fitting collars that fit high around the neck. Also known as a “turtleneck”, polos can be described as a ‘polo”. This versatile look is great with any necklace, but it looks even better when paired with bold chokers.
- Crew – Round at the base and neck, also known as the t-shirt neckline’. You can also use chunky pieces here, as well as long, delicate pendants.
- Collared – a shirt with a collar. This shirt can be worn with a thin necklace underneath. You can also wear longer necklaces outside of the collar.
To balance your look, choose shorter necklaces if you have a longer neck. The same applies if your neck is short. To lengthen your neck, choose longer chains and pendants.
A necklace that complements your natural beauty and flatters your appearance can enhance your look. Also, the length, weight, shape, and size of the necklace should be considered. You can experiment with many looks to find the one that suits you best. Remember to wear what you love.
We hope this article will help you know more about different style necklaces for different necklines.