Heads up: some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you click and make a booking or purchase, I’ll make a commission (at no extra cost to you). I partner with companies I personally use and the $$ goes towards creating more awesome, free travel content.
Saint Barthélemy, or St. Barts, is a popular destination for people who want luxury and breathtaking ocean views. These Caribbean Islands have rich cultures, fine dining experiences, and world-class shopping. St. Barts is highly influenced by American, French, and African cultures and is a favorite destination of many rich and famous people.
St.Barts was discovered by Christopher Columbus and inhabited by pirates. Sweden briefly owned it, and today the island is ecologically untamed, featuring rugged volcanic hills and green-zone designations. Now French territory, the island also has a low crime rate.
Celebrities have been living or vacationing in St. Barts for decades, many naming it one of their favorite beach locations. The island is home to actors, artists, writers, moguls, and other people who want to enjoy the comforts of rejuvenating spas, five-star dining, white-sand beaches, and aquamarine waters.
Even the name St. Barts sounds luxurious, so it’s no wonder that it has been chosen as a holiday destination or home to many celebrities. The chances are quite high that you’ll run into at least one famous person if you visit the island.
Top Celebrities in St.Barts
- Beyonce & Jay-Z: The couple has been spotted many times having fun in the sun on the beaches of St.Barts. Beyonce even performed an hour-long New Year’s Eve show.
- Gwen Stefani has also been spotted snuggling on a boat in St. Barts.
- Rachel Zoe, the fashion stylist famous for working with many stars, has been frequently seen in the Caribbean Islands. She also brings her family and her friends for regular exotic vacations.
- Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr. Both Victoria’s Secret Supermodels show up frequently on the island, hanging out for a relaxing retreat.
- Nicole Richie, the former reality TV star, has been seen on the glamourous island with her friends.
Jeff Bezos, the world’s second-richest man, has also been spotted in St. Barts with his partner. Other famous people seen on the island include Dua Lipa, Scott Disick, the Kardashians, Mike Tyson, Izabel Goulart, and Kimberley Garner.
St. Barts ranks among the most expensive getaways on the planet, which is why it is the center of the celebrity universe. Dozens of boats on the island belong to billionaires like Roman Abramovich, David Geffen, or Jan Koum (founder of WhatsApp).
What to Visit in St.Barts?
It exudes natural beauty, European sophistication, and island charm. The starring feature is the blond sand, tempting tourists with coral reefs and clear waters. In St. Barts, you can kitesurf, go fishing, surf, sail, or dive into the fish-filled reefs. The island is also home to festivals, celebrating everything from movies to music to sporting events.
Some of the top attractions in St.Barts include:
- Saline Beach – one of the best beaches in the Caribbean
- Gustavia – St.Barts’ red-roofed capital
- St. Jean – a picturesque crescent of white sand
- Gouverneur Beach
- Flamands Beach
- Colombier Beach (Anse de Colombier)
Home to an array of stunning beaches, designer boutiques, high-class restaurants, and luxury yachts, St. Barts is one of the most breathtaking islands in the world. Due to its small population and difficult access, celebrities love this place because it lacks paparazzi and celebrity spotters.