24 May The Best Backpacker Bars in Australia
- Cheeky Monkeys, Byron Bay– Wherever you go in Australia you’ll always hear of this bar. Where else can you dance on the tables, see people playing twister in their underwear and win prizes by attaching clothes pegs to your face. And make sure you get a flashing cup.
- The Woolshed, Cairns– The Woolshed is Cairn’s answer to Cheeky Monkeys. You get free meals in this bar if you stay in certain hostels- they’re decent and they don’t give you food poisoning! And they even have goldfish racing.
- Scary Canary, Sydney– A good place to start a night out in Sydney is the Scary Canary, attached to Base hostel. Lots of good offers and themed nights, plus the occasional live music.
- Beaches, Airlie Beach– Beaches is a giant outdoor pub attached to Beaches hostel. Chat to the people who’ve just come off their Whitsunday Sailing trip over a pitcher of snakebite and then head over to Mama Africas to dance until dawn.
- Bojangles, Alice Springs– Quirky bojangles is a saloon style bar complete with swinging doors, snake tank, boots hanging from the ceiling and you can throw your peanut shells on the floor. But wait. That’s not the best part. The taps in the bathroom turn on the water in a different sink. Cool or what…