24 May 6 random things I have noticed about Australia
Here are some of the random things I have noticed about the Land Down Under:
1. They are obsessed with meat pies. Everywhere you go they have meat pies on the menu. We have pies in England, but we don’t eat nearly as much pie as they do.
2. Their other big food is Schnitzel. I got it confused with Strudel for a long time, so I thought people were ordering an apple pastry, but schnitzel is like breaded chicken, and they have it in sandwiches, as main courses, in fact generally with everything. Who knows where they discovered their love for schnitzel, I think it’s a rather random trend to follow myself.
3. Everywhere you go you can only get SPF 30 sunscreen. Thank god I’d taken some of my factor 8 with me. Having said that their sunscreen is the cheapest thing on Earth; they even sell it in value squirty litre bottles.
4. Their drinking laws are odd; they drink more than any other nation on the planet, yet you aren’t allowed to drink on the street. What’s more, ordering a shot in a bar is just not done.
5. In no other country apart from Australia would you hear adverts for erectile disfunction during the day.
6. Their news is never really news because nothing ever happens- “local lady moves house” is probably the most controversial thing that happens.