23 May 10 Ways to Save Money Backpacking Australia
Here are some ways to save money whilst backpacking Australia so your budget will stretch further!
1. Don’t buy the cold drinks from the fridges in the supermarkets, they’re twice the price as the ones on the aisles.
2. Only buy the ‘home brand’ food in Woolworths.
3. Collect the free coupons you receive in the hostels then go on a pub crawl with them.
4. Stick to a diet of 50 cent noodles till you can’t even bear the sight of them.
5. Many of the backpacker bars offer 5 dollar meals and in some they even give you free food if you’re staying in their partner hostel.
6. Win money in competitions at all the bars you go to- you’ll wake up the next day realising you won $200 in a wet T-Shirt competition.
7. Instead of spending money on the internet in hostels, go to the travel agents on the high street that offer free internet.
8. Shop around for the best deals on all your excursions- chances are you’ll find something cheaper.
9. If you’re really strapped for cash, offer to work in a hostel in exchange for accommodation.
10. Ask if you can sleep in the hostel TV room for cheaper than a dorm room.