16 Jul 10 Best Party Hostels In The World
1. Far Out, Ios Greece– When backpackers arrive off the ferries in Greece, there’s only one place they’re going and that’s to Far Out. With hundreds of beach cabins and tents to stay in this hostel gets fully booked in the summer months. Situated directly on the beach, it also has its own swimming pool complete with water slide and bar. Take the shuttle bus into town to play giant jenga at the fun pub and then on to the party…you’ll be stumbling or more like rolling down the hill with a kebab in your hand back to the hostel as the sun comes up.
2.The Rising Cock, Portugal– It’s impossible to leave this hostel when you have Mama making you crêpes and lemon tea every day. “It’s good for the party, good for the hangover” is her favourite saying. With its themed rooms and spiderman duvets, it’s your home away from home. There’s drinking, drinking and if you want to do more drinking, go on the hostel booze cruise. It’s infamous for partying and even has its own merchandise.
2. The Pink Palace, Corfu, Greece– The Pink Palace is one of the most famous hostels in Europe. Put on a toga, drink Ouzo, smash plates, enjoy a 5 hour happy hour and 1 euro pints of beer. Party till the early hours of the morning in the hostel nightclub Palladium where they only close when you stop partying. Oh and make sure you go on the Pink Palace booze cruise. It sets off about midday from the private beach area so you have time to recover from the previous nights partying and it lasts till about 6pm.
3. Surfside, Bondi, Australia– There are security gates to keep the party contained inside this hostel. When I stayed there, a man strolling by said, “What’s in there? I want to be doing that!” It’s a small hostel with free surfboards and surf themed murals, and a great outdoor courtyard. Backpackers a rarely seen in the day because they’re either recovering with a hangover or checking people out on Bondi Beach, but it comes alive at night with plenty of goon, drinking games and debauchery. Many people have stayed for months and I stayed there not once, but twice.
5. The Tree House, Thailand– There is now a new Tree House on Ko Phan Nghan! After 11 years, the old Tree House is under new management and there is a new one opening on the island which is home to the best full moon party in the world. Hopefully with buckets a plenty, the new Tree House will be just as much of a success. On Thong Reng beach it’s got its own palm fringed sands and jungle backdrop. Nice.
6. Mellow Yellow, Rio de Janeiro– Not many places know how to party quite like Rio de Janeiro. And so it makes perfect sense that it should have some of the world’s liveliest party hostels. If you want to party they have the best hostel bar in Brazil, a pool room, weekly bbq parties, music playing throughout the hostel, live music at the bar, and the best trips and parties in Rio at the best prices. Earn Mellow Yellow miles for each night you stay and trade them in for free drinks, free meals and free trips and parties.
7. Kabul Hostel, Barcelona– Be prepared for one heck of a party hostel. Kabul is situated in Plaza Real – the most famous plaza in Barcelona. It’s the best and most popular hostel in Barcelona for young backpackers, it’s right on the beach and close to all the major sights. It’s big, chilled out and focused on partying (what a surprise) so you won’t be doing any sleeping. Who needs sleep anyways?
8. Millhouse Hostel, Buenos Aires– Millhouse travellers party hard and there’s a reason Millhouse has earned its reputation as the party king of Buenos Aires. From salsa and tango dancing to soccer matches, parties and VIP passes, there’s something going on every day of the week. Described as a ‘hostel on steroids’ by Time Out, you’re guaranteed to meet a whole bunch of new drinking buddies. What’s more it occupies 5 story 19th century houses built around an old-style colonial atrium to make it that bit different.
9. Loki, Cusco, Peru– Housed in a spectacular 450 year old building listed as a monument in 1932, it’s one of the more scenic party hostel settings in the world. Has a relaxed checkout time of 1pm for those of you who’ve woken up in someone else’s bed with a terrible hangover. Most importantly for a source of alcohol it has its own bar open till 1am. Lonely Planet writes “tales of this hostel have spread like wildfire among backpackers”.
10. Friendly Fun Franks, Latvia– Riga is the party capital of the Baltics, so what better place to go than the party hostel of Riga. Most likely to hear when you arrive at reception, “Hi,would you like a free beer?” It’s an Australian, British, Latvian owned hostel situated in the walls of the medieval castle of old Riga and it’s exactly what it says on the tin; friendly and fun. Book a bobsled tour or learnt to shoot an AK-47, just don’t do it when inebriated.
To book any of these hostels just use this Hostelworld booking engine below.