This beautiful beach is in Raglan, a place I visited on my two-week visit to the North Island of New Zealand. Raglan is a laid-back town on the West Coast of the North Island and was about a 45 minute drive from where I was staying in Hamilton. This black sand beach I believe is called Ngaranui and has world-class waves for people who enjoy surfing and bodyboarding. I just went to chill in the sunshine and have a swim- it was March and was starting to get a bit chillier. The streets of the town are lined with palm trees and you can sit and have a coffee or look around the shops and art galleries. If this sounds appealing to you, book an affordable flight from Buenos Aires, Tokyo, or San Francisco and head to Raglan Beach for a wonderful and relaxing holiday season.
Raglan Beach, New Zealand
Subscribe to my Newsletter
About VictoriaI'm a 20-something British girl from Manchester and have been traveling solo for the last three years. After graduating from university I decided there was more to life than the hours between 9 and 5, so I packed my journalism degree into my suitcase to travel the world and find a way to make money at the same time. I hope to inspire you to be your own boss, live life and travel the world. Find me on Google
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Don’t mess with Ryanair, How My Bags Cost me the price of a flight from Bali to London November 30, 2010
- The Good and the Bad Sides of Living in Bali January 9, 2011
- Eat Pray Love- Meeting Ketut Liyer December 5, 2009
- The Best Surf Camp Destinations in the World March 2, 2011
- Pimp My Ride: Colourful, Flashing Trishaws of Melaka May 20, 2013
- Review: The Majestic Malacca Hotel, Malaysia May 19, 2013
- Watching Sunset at Promthep Cape, Phuket May 18, 2013
- Elephant Trekking and White Water Rafting in Chiang Mai May 17, 2013
- Rika | Cubicle Throwdown: Oh, I've been on a tiny island for too long. That...
- Ontbijt met groenten: inspiratie uit Jerusalem | VeggieForward: [...] Israël. Wat een verrassing was het dan ook ...
- TammyOnTheMove: Wow, looks great. I was considering getting some t...
- OCDemon: I got laser eye surgery for a trip, and met a guy ...